Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Free Taco Bell

Many of my loyal readers have forwarded me this week’s most compelling fast food story about Taco Bell being sued for advertising selling beef. On Tuesday, an Alabama law firm filed a class-action lawsuit against the fast food chain saying that the "seasoned beef" in those enchiladas and tacos is only composed of about 36 percent meat.
If this blog sold merchandise, this shirt would be the first product
 
My initial reaction was that this is just another example about how America has become an overly litigious society, hell bent on making a quick buck on someone else’s hard work.  I then learned that the lawsuit is not seeking any monetary compensation, but requests that the court order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising.  This actually made me angrier.  So this lawsuit is to basically make noise over something that really doesn’t matter AND it’s not for profit?  I’ve determined that the law firm filing the lawsuit is just trying to make a name for themselves.  Can’t someone tell when biting into a Cheesy Gordita Crunch from Taco Bell that it’s not Kobe beef quality?  It’s still delicious.  Here’s an idea for all the law firms that want to try to get brand recognition.  Do pro bono work on issues that actually matter.  Respond to the legal needs to the poor and provide legal advice to those who can’t afford it.  And don’t get on your high horse and tell me that the suit was filed on behalf of a woman who couldn’t afford the legal services.  I don’t see how she could be benefiting from Taco Bell having small fine print in their ads saying that their products only contain 35% of beef.  This is just another example of a spoiled person that doesn’t know how spoiled they actually are.  Do you think that those starving kids in Africa from those depressing commercials would turn down a Crunch Wrap Supreme because it only has 35% beef?    Child Please.

Bet they wish some Frito Burritos were on that plate.
Taco Bell has responded to the lawsuit and I will continue to support them whether the ruling is for or against them.  You don’t see me trying to sue Kashi for telling me their products are “Yummy or Delicious”.  I’ve had Kashi before and their products are neither yummy nor delicious. In my opinion, trying their cereal was like eating a bowl of post-it notes with a heavy sprinkle of saw dust.  The chronically healthy eaters that try to tell me that they enjoy Kashi remind me of when I went away for an all boys basketball camp in the 7th grade.  After all that time away from girls, even the biggest, ugliest, chick will look like a Marissa Miller…
Free Taco Bell.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.tacobell.com/company/newsreleasearticle/Statement-Regarding-Class-Action-Lawsuit

    GOOOOOOOOOOOO TACO BELL

    ReplyDelete